• We're half back! There's a lot missing, but you can find out more here,

You are now able to log into the forums and post

Chav's I never knew of them......wonder if they only wear Burberry Fragrances?

scentimus

Oct 7, 2000
It sounds as if it's the US equivalent of Burbery and it's following of Chavs over here.
Chav is United Kingdom slang for sub-cultural stereotype fixations on imitation gold, jewelry and clothing. Derivations of chav include charv and charver. Chav comes from the Romani word “chavi”, meaning child. Related words include “charva” for prostitute or Spanish chaval or chavo meaning “lad”.

Tracksuits, hoodies, track suit bottoms and baseball caps are particularly associated with chav culture. The most recognized feature of chav clothing is the Burberry pattern. The stereotype associated with this culture is often juvenile delinquency, the “hoodie” culture, and “Yob” culture.

Oh My ! Are they serious with this.....? ..I may have to burn the Burberry shirt I own.

I guess this is when plaid goes bad LOL

DSC00743a_1165391919.jpg

16461704_30b9c6a879.jpg

004.jpg

Last edited:
A

AromiErotici

Re: Charv's I never knew of them......wonder if they only wear Burberry Fragrances?

The fashion police have since issued a warrant for the arrest, conviction and possible beat down of those responsible for this.

Sokkou

Jul 18, 2008
Re: Charv's I never knew of them......wonder if they only wear Burberry Fragrances?

I was at a tavern with two English girls a weekend ago, and we actually got on the subject of these kind of people. Very arrogant and self-loving, and detested by those around them :p

Most aren't nearly as bad as the pics above, but you can understand.

The Duke

Apr 29, 2007

These people have been known to cause eye cancer.

adonis

Mar 16, 2009
I don't think they wear fragrances at all, unless ale is considered a scent. Burberry really tries to distance themselves from this element. I find the Chav subculture fascinating, reminds me of The Droogs of "A Clockwork Orange".

irish

Jun 18, 2007
I thought it was common knowledge that these "chavs" loved everything burberry.

However, I still have an expression of disbelief just by thinking that tartan patterns can be considered "hip". I takes quite a bit of imagination turn "sqaure" into "cool" :D

Healer

Jul 15, 2004
Poor old Burberry. File alongside Stone Island, Lacoste, Paul & Shark and Henri Lloyd for brands latched on to by the Chav or football (soccer) hooligan culture. The amount of fake Burberry scarves you see on markets etc here during the Winter is alarming. Perfume is okay to wear but the choice is limited to Burberry and Lacoste.

stevo30

Feb 16, 2009
What is sad is that Burberry is a classic brand and loads of their peices are amazingly made and cut. If these guys want to trash a brand, I say stick to guido crap like Ed Hardy and Affliction

scentimus

Oct 7, 2000
I think the reason they picked Burberry is because it one of the well know houses of Brittan and its linked with upper class status...

It's just so strange to see thugs dressed like this....

adonis

Mar 16, 2009
I think the reason they picked Burberry is because it one of the well know houses of Brittan and its linked with upper class status...

It's just so strange to see thugs dressed like this....

Per Widipedia

* Burberry is a clothing company whose products were initially associated with the chav stereotype. Burberry's appeal to chav fashion sense is a sociological example of prole drift, where an up-market product begins to be consumed en masse by a lower socio-economic group. Burberry has argued that the brand's popular association with chav fashion sense is linked to counterfeit versions of the clothing. "They’re yesterday’s news", stated Stacey Cartwright, the CEO of Burberry. "It was mostly counterfeit, and Britain accounts for less than 10% of our sales anyway."[24] The company has taken a number of steps to distance itself from the stereotype. It ceased production of its own branded baseball cap in 2004 and has scaled back the use of its trademarked checkered/tartan design to such an extent that it now only appears on the inner linings and other very low-key positions of their clothing.[25][26] It has also taken legal action against high-profile infringements of the brand. In August 2006, a company introducing tuk-tuk vehicles into the south coast town of Brighton, England named one the "Chavrolet" which had it painted in the distinctive Burberry tartan. However, the company soon had to withdraw this vehicle when Burberry threatened proceedings for breach of copyright.[27]

I love that term "Prole Drift":D

Gblue

Jan 15, 2008
Oh My ! Are they serious with this.....? ..I may have to burn the Burberry shirt I own.
16461704_30b9c6a879.jpg

I think that might actually be Goldie Lookin' Chain's car (wiki here)

But just to let you know, Chavs mostly wear Joop! Homme or JPG Le Male (and too much of it) - Burberry fragrances smell too "different".
The females of the species wear almost exclusively Celebuscents, by such classy acts as Katie Price and Kerry Katona.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PatsyStonesBun