JFP1 for Gigabyte B550M AORUS ELITE

Go to solution Solved by minibois,

This motherboard calls it "F_PANEL":

image.png.7cc71bc47ed968e0d2a615f19fb0bc8d.png

This is the layout of this header:

image.png.efe68ef50efaf6e026a62d81f729f590.png

(Keep in mind the + and - matter for the Power LED and HDD LED).

Hello! I am currently building my first pc build ever and i am now trying to connect the pins from my front panel (LED, RESET, POWER SWITCH). The mitherboard i have is a Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite and i can't find any "JFP1" pins on the mobo. The only 9 pin in the mobo is named "COM"

16379426796591563161100464264146.jpg

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 minutes ago, minibois said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I might also have some other questions tho about my cpu fan cooler and my other fan connections on my mobo and how to sync them. Should i make another topic?

2 minutes ago, Dandohyung1214 said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I might also have some other questions tho about my cpu fan cooler and my other fan connections on my mobo and how to sync them. Should i make another topic?

We prefer it if for smaller questions, people reuse their own topic, so feel free to ask them in this topic.

By the way, the motherboard's manual has quite a bit of information that may prove helpful when building the PC/configuring the BIOS: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b550m-aorus-elite_e_1101.pdf

Page 32 has some information on how to adjust the fan speeds of the different headers, for example.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, Dandohyung1214 said:

14 minutes ago, minibois said:

How do i know which one is the positive and the negative? There is an arrow at the back of the pin. Is that the positive?

1 minute ago, Dandohyung1214 said:

How do i know which one is the positive and the negative? There is an arrow at the back of the pin. Is that the positive?

Yes, the arrow is the positive (+) pin.

Technically it only matters with power-/HDD LED, but I prefer to put all cables in the same orientation.

6 minutes ago, minibois said:

Yes, the arrow is the positive (+) pin.

Technically it only matters with power-/HDD LED, but I prefer to put all cables in the same orientation.

Can i ask about how to plug in my fans? I have to sets of fans. The first set is a RAKK MARIS PRO (3 fans - 6 pins) the second one is a RAKK MARIS ABYSS (3 fans - 5 pins) they both have a hub for the rgb and the control. Do i need to use both of them? Or do i have to buy an adapter for one set of fans to fit into the hub of the other set of fans. Also, how do i sync these fans to my cpu cooler (Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo) and my motherboard (B550M AORUS ELITE)?

2 hours ago, Dandohyung1214 said:

Can i ask about how to plug in my fans? I have to sets of fans. The first set is a RAKK MARIS PRO (3 fans - 6 pins) the second one is a RAKK MARIS ABYSS (3 fans - 5 pins) they both have a hub for the rgb and the control. Do i need to use both of them? Or do i have to buy an adapter for one set of fans to fit into the hub of the other set of fans. Also, how do i sync these fans to my cpu cooler (Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo) and my motherboard (B550M AORUS ELITE)?

There is very little on the fans by RAKK, so I'm not sure if they use the same connection types.

Do you mean sync with fan speed or RGB? Fan speed can be done as described in my previous post (in the BIOS), but only if you have enough fan connections (i.e. through a fan splitter, since the board has 2 fan headers + CPU fan header.

The RGB probably has to be 'manually' synced through the program from Cooler Master, Gigabyte and presumably the controller software from RAKK.

2 hours ago, Dandohyung1214 said:

Judging by this video, they use special connectors for the fans that have to go to the hub that should be included. Admittedly, I skimmed through the video with audio off, so I'm not sure why they want you to use the Reset Switch to power the hub. The Power plug just uses a Sata connector that would come from your PSU to power the hub. The data connector has multiple wires. One would plug into a Chassis fan header on your motherboard for PWM control when the hub is in auto mode(if the comments are correct), and the 3 pin would go to one of the 3 pin RGB headers on the motherboard. With them being 5 and 6 pin fans, you're going to have to use both hubs unless the 5 pin fans work in the 6 pin hub, but I'd be surprised if they do. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?