Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Schneider takes delivery of 92 Freightliner eCascadia trucks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@TSemi can you gives a quick summary (battery size, numer of motor and power, price...)
because the link you provided requires a paid subscription.
Here is a link to the specs for the trucks, I don't know what versions were delivered: eCascadia® Specs | Freightliner Trucks

I think it is interesting that they offer dual charging ports to allow up to 270kW charging. :eek: (Otherwise you only get 180kW charging.)

Interesting that the specs don't include weight...

edit: Found it:

How much payload can the electric semi haul?
The maximum Gross Combined Weight (GCW) for the eCascadia and trailer is 82,000 lbs. The approximate curb weight for the eCascadia is 16,350 (4x2 standard-range), 18,750 (4x2 long-range), or 21,800 (6x4).
So, including the weight of the trailer, 60,200lbs of payload.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: scottf200

"By 2026, Sysco plans to deploy up to 800 eCascadias for its operations, including those that will be paired with electric refrigerated trailers."

"Sysco and DTNA, the top heavy-duty truck producer in North America, confirmed plans to utilize up to 800 battery-powered Freightliner eCascadias by 2026 earlier this year. In order to meet Sysco’s science-based climate goal, electric refrigerated trailers and Freightliner eCascadias will be used extensively."

Last edited:
Reactions: scottf200
Glad to see
@TSemi can you gives a quick summary (battery size, numer of motor and power, price...)
because the link you provided requires a paid subscription.
Here's an article about it without the paywall:
Which is the same as the Schneider press release:
So, including the weight of the trailer, 60,200lbs of payload.
A trailer typically weighs 10,000 lbs, so you can calculate 50,000 of cargo for the eCascadia. I calculated that the Tesla Semi was carrying 49,000 lbs on its road test, so that would make the weight of the Semi's tractor to be roughly 23,000 lbs, whereas a comparable diesel semi tractor weighs 17,000 or 18,000 lbs.

Brilliant informative reply……bravo
Why spend my time spoon feeding you facts?

Up until recently there were only something like 5 Tesla Semis in existence and they were not in customer hands doing real work, they were used as PR pieces by Tesla to shuttle cars from Fremont to local delivery centers on rare occasion.

The eCascadia and eM2 have been in the hands of large logistics firms for years now and they have been feeding back issues to Daimler.

Why spend my time spoon feeding you facts?
Because you have none.
Up until recently there were only something like 5 Tesla Semis in existence and they were not in customer hands doing real work, they were used as PR pieces by Tesla to shuttle cars from Fremont to local delivery centers on rare occasion.
Oh so they have been in operation testing and improving.
The eCascadia and eM2 have been in the hands of large logistics firms for years now and they have been feeding back issues to Daimler.
For years? Please show proof….if this is true then with all these logged miles in “customer” hands why couldn’t they build a better machine?

Because you have none.

Oh so they have been in operation testing and improving.

For years? Please show proof….if this is true then with all these logged miles in “customer” hands why couldn’t they build a better machine?
One million miles logged in the customer test fleet in December '21. If you take the blinders off there is a lot of detail out there on how a real semi OEM operates.