IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT LOGGING IN ×
  • WELCOME GUEST

It looks as if you are viewing PalmTalk as an unregistered Guest.

Please consider registering so as to take better advantage of our vast knowledge base and friendly community.  By registering you will gain access to many features - among them are our powerful Search feature, the ability to Private Message other Users, and be able to post and/or answer questions from all over the world. It is completely free, no “catches,” and you will have complete control over how you wish to use this site.

PalmTalk is sponsored by the International Palm Society. - an organization dedicated to learning everything about and enjoying palm trees (and their companion plants) while conserving endangered palm species and habitat worldwide. Please take the time to know us all better and register.

guest Renda04.jpg

I'm absolutely in love with Euterpe broadwayi - does anyone grow these? Also, Grenada rainforest photos!

kylecawazafla

These palms are absolutely incredible! They are unfortunately nearly impossible to photograph, since they grow in very dense thickets and when you're in the jungle it's hard to even tell that there's one above your head, since the canopy blocks the view of their emergent crowns. I had no idea that their trunks, when mature, are actually thicker than Roystonea trunks and some of them had stilt roots climbing about 6 feet up! Their crownshafts are probably up to 10 feet tall when they are adolescent and their fronds are just stunning! I wish I could be in the photo for scale!

16798891420_3bd6e33c3d_z.jpg

16984991252_56553b5d64_z.jpg

16798620088_d8b6cd04f4_z.jpg

16798624108_968d93e845_z.jpg

I'm always up for learning new things!

Spectacular palm, hope RPS has these "available" soon, did you get any Kyle :) thanks for the great pics , I see in yr 3rd pic they all have more yellow and dying leaves than green and healthy, wonder what the story is there. Hope you dont mind my Palmpedia paste below, which has many great pics to view and I must say that this beautiful looking Euterpe looks very Clinostigma.

Pete

Euterpe broadwayi - Palmpedia - Palm Grower's Guide

Hello! I searched everywhere for seeds, but unfortunately did not encounter any. I imagine that they are somewhat tolerant of cool conditions, since, although the altitude is not THAT high, (<1000 m), the temperature is surprisingly cool where they grow! I can see the mountain they grow on from where I live, and I always call it "Mount Doom", since I've only seen it not shrouded in clouds on only a handful of occasions. I will go back during a different season to see if I can encounter more seed luck! Thank you for the palmpedia link, Pedro! It's hard to give this palm justice from pictures.

I'm always up for learning new things!

Beautiful pictures and beautiful place, reminds me of my home country of Panama. That palm is gorgeous.

Palos Verdes Estates - coastal Los Angeles - 33°45'N 118°24'W

On a cliff, 2 blocks from the Pacific Ocean. Zone 10b - Sunset zone 24

Almost was nice as a Clinostigma (lol) :)

Thank you for posting these pictures, we rarely see Euterpe broadwayi on PT.

5809129ecff1c_P1010385copie3.JPG.15aa3f5

Philippe

Jungle Paradise in Sri Lanka