Anyone have an idea of what this might be? yellow spots on leaves.....

• Thread starter MerryJane22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MerryJane22

MerryJane22

ever tried, or considered ordering ladybugs to poop on em and praying mantis'?

LOL.....was just looking at the lady bugs to help the ladies.....sometimes we get bombarded by lady bugs (not every year though) hope this is one of them? I need to reel in the spending now though.....Jeff Bezos will probably be sending me a xmas card this year 🎂

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I use it every 7-10 days during the outdoors growing season. I have an ongoing problem with ants and aphids. Bastards never go away. Amazingly resilient pest the ants are. Im going to try another round of beneficial nematodes. Not on purpose, I bought the wrong ones haha I needed sf for fungus gnats lol I bought hb sc I think. Its probably getting too hot outside for them but I have them so might as well use em
that answers my questions as to tossing "failed" experiment as to seedlings, root exposures n tryin to c whether i could make grow plug life easier on em... was looking at a very sad collection of linglings, thinking to give em a more reliable chance at a long, happy 4 months, in the wilds of a shaded az pine tree line... with killer anthills, rivaling volcanoes. sigh... just keep the males, in an ice cream vat, by the pool a couple weeks n I'm cool, i guess.
so thanks for ruining a perfect 2020 trifecta, for me. pfft... u guys r aholes.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

LOL.....was just looking at the lady bugs to help the ladies.....sometimes we get bombarded by lady bugs (not every year though) hope this is one of them? I need to reel in the spending now though.....Jeff Bezos will probably be sending me a xmas card this year 🎂
wait... i wasn't sure whether to click haha, or sad, or angry to see u have to come out of pocket, but, "like", was definitely not an option.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

ZEALOTS!
[great add. I'm stealing this quote for my thread! ty, bmongus!]
u guys want me to post, one of the organic neem, i suspect, recipes from one of the books- think... yeah, i think it's the back of the limiting factors of something, or other, but he's all about the organic side; non salt ♡♡♡♡...

and bmongus- u wouldn't happen to have your garlic ;D crusher recipe, would u? for here n so i can share it around, at your expense, gratis?
Not sure what you mean by garlic crusher recipe??? If you are referring to my neem recipe I use I use a 2 gallon pump sprayer.
I use 2 TBL of neem, equal parts castile soap or Sal Suds. I actually use one of each simply because I have both. I add in 10 drops per gallon each of clove, peppermint, orange, rosemary, and marigold essential oils per gallon. Clove peppermint and orange to repel ants. Rosemary for eggs and marigold to repel rabbits. Plus the essential oils help with the nasty ass smell of the neem. 🤣 just a recipe I found online. If you are going to use dawn I reccomend only one TBL of soap for the surfactant. Just my opinion. I have sprayed my sour diesel twice now with no ill effects. First time I have used it on pot plates 👍

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I use it every 7-10 days during the outdoors growing season. I have an ongoing problem with ants and aphids. Bastards never go away. Amazingly resilient pest the ants are. Im going to try another round of beneficial nematodes. Not on purpose, I bought the wrong ones haha I needed sf for fungus gnats lol I bought hb sc I think. Its probably getting too hot outside for them but I have them so might as well use em
I'm just going to link mj's entire thread, to mine because the lot of u have been throwing pearls for a week, now, that'll help plenty of those who follow.

sorry to jack ur thread, mj.
I'm not adding nearly what the rest are and my tangents will take u 30pages out so i gotta unwatch and return to my lane.

thanks so much, all of u. it's been so educational, for me.

xxxooo mj... u let me know when the mr mj croaks. I'll keep an eye out, long as my lovely g's cool with it and ur czech and your name is Svetlana.
i still have one more box to check 😁.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Not sure what you mean by garlic crusher recipe??? If you are referring to my neem recipe I use I use a 2 gallon pump sprayer.
I use 2 TBL of neem, equal parts castile soap or Sal Suds. I actually use one of each simply because I have both. I add in 10 drops per gallon each of clove, peppermint, orange, rosemary, and marigold essential oils per gallon. Clove peppermint and orange to repel ants. Rosemary for eggs and marigold to repel rabbits. Plus the essential oils help with the nasty ass smell of the neem. 🤣 just a recipe I found online. If you are going to use dawn I reccomend only one TBL of soap for the surfactant. Just my opinion. I have sprayed my sour diesel twice now with no ill effects. First time I have used it on pot plates 👍
that's exactly what i meant. u said crush... i tangent to visions of melted garlic... almost smell it in the browning butter 😁.

u guys have a great wknd!
and hey, if anyone's going looting... can never have too many flatscreens...

MerryJane22

MerryJane22

View attachment 982315

Happened to be reading another thread and this reminded me of your plant so I put up the link, not sure it's the same thing but I put it up so you could see what you think? btw wouldn't hurt if you put a picture of the bottom of one of those affected leaves up

Better late than never, here's the underside of the worse one. I am thinking it was the neem at this point. Been searching for an infestation and I am seeing a few signs of mites, but not a major outbreak. Could ANY bug do this in a week? that's the other thing....I think they may be shocked by the transition from bringing them indoors at night to leaving them out? although on cold nights I did haul every plant into my sun room.......still perplexed, I guess.

Under
Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

and permethrin
pyrethrin

one is one day

think the other is like two wks

that's friggin serious pesticide

hey, OD!

my concern

pesticides... you're ingesting what ur growin, i suspect

used it in flea products decades ago
as a kid in pet sotr

careful

OD- whatcha think

let em recover and tomorrow i

can grab the zealot list of organic

ummm... recipes

have we seen actual pest?

can we get a pic on macro settings

of the offending pest

please

pill mill road trip
today
so if anything from me, OD... will
b back at in the morrow
the organic version of pyrethrinpyrethrin really works and breaks down in sunlight(for mites and other bugs)....sorry to light a fuse but i want to hear about it...most the bad rap it gets involves it's toxicity to bees....it is VERY effective at it's job and cant be any more harmful than the AIR you breath in most major cities world wide...I WOULDN'T EVEN WANT TO BREATH BEJING AIR..having said that , in the VEG stage I'm pretty confident in it's use

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

View attachment 982315

Better late than never, here's the underside of the worse one. I am thinking it was the neem at this point. Been searching for an infestation and I am seeing a few signs of mites, but not a major outbreak. Could ANY bug do this in a week? that's the other thing....I think they may be shocked by the transition from bringing them indoors at night to leaving them out? although on cold nights I did haul every plant into my sun room.......still perplexed, I guess.

I can say if you mixed your neem to rich either soap or neem oil itself, you can burn it or spraying before sun exposure, it CAN burn the tender vegetation. But done properly it's perfectly safe. As far as infestations it could be a number of flying pests. Heres a few pictures I took this morning and I sprayed yesterday evening. You can see a leaf hopper in one pic. Very evasive at times. Another insect I pulled from one of my blackberries. The neem shut it down and he was paralyzed in place. Unless I sprayed it directly and it suffocated. Neem is just one weapon you can use in an arsenal of IPM routine. Add some DE and a couple applications if spinosad here and there for beetles and caterpillar. Is a solid defense. Thats what I find effective for my veggies. My first grow outdoors since I got into gardening. It seems to not hurt the pot plant...yet lol. I did have something messing with one of my leaves but as long as the plant is healthy it can take some damage in stride. I sound like an advocate for the neem industry HA but it works for me. Hope you figure it out. It could be snail or slug damage and actually looks like it along with a leaf roller or thrips flea beetles who knows. I also did a bit of soil drench last night while I was spraying. I had a bunch left over. We will see how the plant reacts. 👍
20200607 080239
20200607 080145
20200607 074542

Madbud

Madbud

View attachment 982315

Guessing you originally saw something like this and assumed it was from bugs. The neem puddled and burned the leaves. Its pollen.

1E158862 47E4 4AB6 92F0 74B1534DA81A
F4E6A419 E3AE 45FA A3BA DBB5F5C047D4
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

View attachment 982315

I wonder if its a fungal disease too. Thats an option too. Almost looks like a blight or septoria leaf spot??? Sometimes the hardest part is correctly identifying the problem lol

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Anybody tried buying Serenade garden spray lately? Its out of stock everywhere and if you do find it its outrageously expensive lol. I thought I get some....NOT!

I hate sulfur sprays. Cant stand getting that shit on my hands.

Top Bottom