First Name
Conley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Transportation
I was about to make a purchase of a 23 Limited, but I didn't want one with CCD since I am probably going to do a lift and tires, and the CCD limits what can be done. Looking at the suspension it appears that it is CCD, but the window sticker does not list it and there have been multiple threads that said it is something you select as an option and not just standard. I also looked at the Limited 900A options group and it doesn't show to come with that either. Also I thought it was odd that is says there were a few things that were removed that are pretty standard like heated steering wheel and multicontour seat removal (but don't even know what that is)
Ford F-150 Is this CCD suspension??? Window sticker.JPG
Ford F-150 Is this CCD suspension??? IMG_0174
Ford F-150 Is this CCD suspension??? IMG_0173
Sponsored

Fox146

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
That is indeed the CCD . My 21 Limited doesn’t have it as it came out later in 21 or early 22

Fox146

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
The multi contour seats would normally have a massage feature but none of the new trucks have those either as of now.Heated wheel seems to be hit or miss. That’s one reason I like my 21 as it has nothing missing

xatco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Ford Sales Rep
The multi contour seats would normally have a massage feature but none of the new trucks have those either as of now.Heated wheel seems to be hit or miss. That’s one reason I like my 21 as it has nothing missing
2023 was the first year heated steering wheel and multi contour sets were not available due to the chip shortage. 2024 will have them

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
2023 was the first year heated steering wheel and multi contour sets were not available due to the chip shortage. 2024 will have them
Agree on the heated steering wheel. I have a 2022 with the Multicontour seats deleted.

Sponsored

130 Ghost_Riders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB
The 23MY limited comes with CCD standard. If you go to the “view details“ under the build and price for the limited it shows it as included under the handling section
Ford F-150 Is this CCD suspension??? IMG_2151

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
Yes, CCD is standard on the 23 Limited. I would imagine you can still lift the truck. In doing so you'd probably get new shocks anyway.

I have CCD. IMO you have to have one extremely sensitive butt to actually know you have driving down the road. I believe I wasted $1200 getting CCD and the silly scales. I installed lowering shackles. Now my truck thinks it is overloaded with an empty bed.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If you lowered the truck, surely you expect technology using height sensors would be affected?

Regardless, I bet you could get your scales and CCD to accommodate your lowering. It's hardware/software that works on a travel metric.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
It should be as simple as zeroing the new ride height. I don't know how to do this. I have yet to read anything even discussing this particular subject.

My plan is to do a write up on exactly what I did, what the result was, and question if this is something that can be adjusted. I'll give it to my dealer and ask them to investigate it. I am certain the dealer will not know the answer. Will they contact Ford engineering and inquire for me? I'm not confident that they will. I am confident that this is something Ford engineering knows. It'll take pulling teeth to get an answer that I believe.

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I have ccd. It makes the truck feel too soft and floaty, and doesn’t play well with airbags. Wish I didn’t click that box, but it is what it is.

now if @Ford Motor Company would allow us to manually select what settings we want like the raptor then the sport suspension setting of the CCD with “normal” setting for engine and transmission, would be tolerable

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I thought there were posts regarding recalibrating the height sensors with FDRS?
Basically zeroing them out at some static position that is altered compared to the original factory position?

The CCD height sensors in the rear are very different than the non CCD height sensors. But the front height sensors are the same for CCD and non CCD. If you look at them you can see clearly that they have a visible travel range with the arm. Hypothetically you could just alter either the mount or the starting point on the travel mechanism if the actual height of the truck was altered.

Still, I would suspect that approaching it from a software point would make the most sense. Similar to taring a digital scale.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have ccd. It makes the truck feel too soft and floaty, and doesn’t play well with airbags. Wish I didn’t click that box, but it is what it is.

now if @Ford Motor Company would allow us to manually select what settings we want like the raptor then the sport suspension setting of the CCD with “normal” setting for engine and transmission, would be tolerable
I think you and I have discussed adjusting CCD before? Have you tried unplugging one of the dampers just to see what you think of the ride with the damping set at the firmest setting? (CCD Fault defaults to firm)

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
I think you and I have discussed adjusting CCD before? Have you tried unplugging one of the dampers just to see what you think of the ride with the damping set at the firmest setting? (CCD Fault defaults to firm)
tried once, but it shuts off drive mode capability. This time of year I switch between sport, tow, normal, and slippery regularly.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think I remember you saying that before.
So it's "Normal" mode, but firmest damping.

I did it a few times to do back to back comparison while I adjusted the VDM Asbuilt values, as well as dialed in the pre-load on the RAS spring.

I too was aiming at getting close to Sport Mode CCD damping, but while in Normal mode. But now when I'm in Sport mode I like it more than I liked the OEM Sport, so it has me desiring to go firmer still. Not a lot, but more than it currently is.

2BigDogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Limited, 2017 MKZ
I went from a 2018 FX4 to a 2023 Limited... night and day difference between the FX4 shocks and the 2023 with CCD. Pretty much like going from a basic work truck to an oversized Lincoln as far as the ride. Wife even mentioned the ride in the Limited is smoother than the ride in her MKZ.
Sponsored