XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I found it this Moment on Aliexpress:

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000...1.0&pvid=bc9c6b1e-e178-4ab7-b241-cbc9984d5c5f

h9fCaQt.jpg

Reactions: Deleted User

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel bad that there are knock offs since the guy soldered these things by hand. I know he tried to get some of the work done by a third party but he still had to do some of it himself. He could never make enough and they were kind of expensive so it's going to happen.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know he tried to get some of the work done by a third party but he still had to do some of it himself.
From what I've heard, that's a great way to get knockoffs. The factories just start making their own on the side using your schematics. It's a bit of a catch-22 really. If you make a deal with a factory you risk them making their own knockoffs, but if you don't then your high-prices will incentivize someone else to make knockoffs.

Reactions: Alexander1970

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've heard, that's a great way to get knockoffs. The factories just start making their own on the side using your schematics. It's a bit of a catch-22 really. If you make a deal with a factory you risk them making their own knockoffs, but if you don't then your high-prices will incentivize someone else to make knockoffs.

I heard the knock offs don't use the same chips as his or something and you can't update the firmware, not that you would need to at this point. Also they're not quite as stable.

*Actually I just looked and he is updating the firmware but it's just to support a little oled screen. Shouldn't have anything to do with game functionality.

Last edited by qqq1,

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I feel bad that there are knock offs since the guy soldered these things by hand. I know he tried to get some of the work done by a third party but he still had to do some of it himself. He could never make enough and they were kind of expensive so it's going to happen.

It’s always crap when one of the scene folk dedicate a lot of time and resources into making something to make our lives easier. Then it gets ripped off and people buy the cheapest option instead.

Support the scene folks, if you don’t, then don’t expect them to keep investing their time and money into making more things for us.

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s always crap when one of the scene folk dedicate a lot of time and resources into making something to make our lives easier. Then it gets ripped off and people buy the cheapest option instead.

Support the scene folks, if you don’t, then don’t expect them to keep investing their time and money into making more things for us.
I would normally say that but he's had many temper tantrums so I feel zero pity for him.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country

Money is not always the issue, for example, I’m usually working the days when orders are open for anything.

I got a clone because it meant I could actually get one of some kind, otherwise I would have bought a legit one.

I’m currently thinking of getting a Phoebe, but I suspect the expansion port based ODE will be available before I get the opportunity to do so.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe