Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Audi Concert II 1DIN --> Aftermarket Stereo

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So, I have a 2005 Audi A4 B7 and I have replaced my OEM HU (Concert 2 1DIN) -- factory amp, subwoofer , non-BOSE - with an AM one (Kenwood) and I have got 3 issues:
    1. The HU doesn't turn on indepedently or turn off after I remove the key (I tried wiring it to a fuse -- but that meant the HU would only turn on on 'ON" position) - I gave up and now I manually turn it on / off by pressing the button on the HU.
    2. Rear speakers and the subwoofer are quieter than the front ones -- I have got this adapter // Should I buy one of these instead? Maybe the RCAs would help ? Or a HIGH - LOW converter ? Like this one? ---- I have also found another adapter which has a little black box - is it a high-low converter by any chance ? I'm talking about this one.
    3. In order to turn on the AM HU, I had to wire the red and yellow wires together (wires coming out of the black connector -- see my adapter)

I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find a final answer on Google, and the posts were more than 5 years old.

Registered User Four Rings Christian@enfig's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 CC Executive Edition VR6 3.6, 2003 GLI VR6, 2005 A4 cab 3.0 V6, 01 GTI VR6. Past 89 & 78 Golf

Quote Originally Posted by RyanAir View Post
    So, I have a 2005 Audi A4 B7 and I have replaced my OEM HU (Concert 2 1DIN) -- factory amp, subwoofer , non-BOSE - with an AM one (Kenwood) and I have got 3 issues:
    1. The HU doesn't turn on indepedently or turn off after I remove the key (I tried wiring it to a fuse -- but that meant the HU would only turn on on 'ON" position) - I gave up and now I manually turn it on / off by pressing the button on the HU.
    2. Rear speakers and the subwoofer are quieter than the front ones -- I have got this adapter // Should I buy one of these instead? Maybe the RCAs would help ? Or a HIGH - LOW converter ? Like this one? ---- I have also found another adapter which has a little black box - is it a high-low converter by any chance ? I'm talking about this one.
    3. In order to turn on the AM HU, I had to wire the red and yellow wires together (wires coming out of the black connector -- see my adapter)

I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find a final answer on Google, and the posts were more than 5 years old.
    Hello RyanAir,

Our new page explains all the issues you are having and it also recommends the correct items needed for the installation.

http://enfigcarstereo.com/radio-inst...02-2008-B6-B7/