Sega GT 2002/Online

• Thread starter MoLiEG
  • 5 comments
Mexico
Mexico City
MoLieG
So... I noticed the thread is locked on the other forum, so I created this one...

30.jpg

Just wondering... who still plays this game???? :)

And a question... I'm about to purchase Sega GT Online... does it include the content of the original Sega GT 2002??? :confused:

Regards! :cheers:

I recently bought Sega GT for the Dreamcast, as I saw it cheap and always wanted it. I was sad to find out that it absolutely sucks balls and is merely a cheap Gran Turismo ripoff with better graphics (atleast better than GT2 graphics).

I do remember playing Sega GT on the Xbox (must be the one above) but that was so long ago I haven't any hope of remembering what it was like, hopefully for your sake better than the Dreamcast original!

And a question... I'm about to purchase Sega GT Online... does it include the content of the original Sega GT 2002??? :confused:

Regards! :cheers:

I own Sega GT Online so I could help here.

You get the original content from GT 2002 but with a couple of extras.

You get new cars like the De Tomaso Pantera GTS, Mazda RX-8,
Auto Union Type C Streamline and other new cars. You also get a few extra tracks to race on.

The main new addition is the online mode, but unfortunately that's dead now.

It's a good improvement from the original i'd say.

Good! What a relieve! For a moment I thought it was just an expansion without the original content :) Can't wait to buy it again, it is an excellent game 👍

Don't really care about online, never been a fan of it, not even now ;)

I'm playing it these days. Very good game, graphics are well below GT3 ones but it's got very good gameplay. And despite the fact it's got a lot of cars less than GT3, it has 4-5 different Alfas, 5 Fiat, lots of Mercedes and other European cars, which, when GT3 had 1 Alfa, 1 Fiat and not even of the best ones, seems to me great. I mean, you feel it's got more cars than GT3 even if it's mathematically wrong.
Bad tracks, but good AI, sure worth playing, anyways.

To anyone who is still playing Sega GT 2002, I encourage you to check out my Sega GT 2002 Official Record Times Thread on neoseeker.com, where I am attempting to compile a list of record times from players all around the world.

Thanks!

Back