Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tanpexoctics

Few starting to wake up

Here couple I have been waiting on to put some green on

Comments (153)

• isde02(zone5b)
    4 years ago

Seed grown sinnigia eumorpha woke starting and starting to flower.

• isde02(zone5b)
    4 years ago

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Nice one

• isde02(zone5b)
    4 years ago

Finally opened

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Good looking flower Isde

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    4 years ago

What a difference a month or so makes was hoping for bloom but not my time I guess

I cut back on water after it swelled back up

But the leaves looking good

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

My Jatropha starts then dies back and starts and I have no clue what I’m doing wrong!

Here are some that are waking up that are never a problem.

• isde02(zone5b)
    4 years ago

Mine is doing the same Doc. It started flowering and died back. This is as far as it's gotten.

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I had one once the whole thing died lol

• isde02(zone5b)
    4 years ago

E. poissonii and Adenia wilmsii waking up.

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    4 years ago

My E poissonii not waking up yet it's outside now and been getting rained on it should think about waking up this week

• isde02(zone5b)
    4 years ago

Yea you have that one down to a science. It's still kinda new to me so I'm still learning it.

• stupidlazydog CT zone 5b/6a
    4 years ago

So far my Jatropha looks pretty good, although it does look like some of the flower buds might be blasting. Now I wonder if it will die back.

In other news, the Big Sapini is waking up...

But the little sapinis are not...

P. ambongense has arisen

and Operculicarya pachypus has sprouted its oh so showy flowers

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    4 years ago

Wendy, I sent you an email. Unfortunately, I don’t know of another way of contacting you.

4 years ago

Howard, I haven't gotten an email from you. I'll message you with my email address.

4 years ago

Do any of you want some Pachypodium seeds? I got seeds of P. brevicaule leucoxanthum, P. makayense, and P. gracilius recently, and the seller sent a lot more seeds than I expected, so I have about 30 of the brevicaule leucoxanthum, 30 of the makayense, and 20 of the gracilius to give away.

I have some P. brevicaule leucoxanthum seedlings from last years seed that I got from Koehres, and they look more like my eburneum seedlings than like the brevicaule seedlings that I have, so this year I decided to get some leucoxanthum seeds from a different source to see if they look more like the regular brevicaule. The seeds came via Ebay from Kevin Spiers (Pachypodium.org).

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    4 years ago

Wendy, I’d love seed but only if I pay the postage. Thx.

4 years ago

Howard, I don't think I ever paid you postage for the Echevaria that you sent me, so please let me pay postage for the seeds! How many do you want? Just message me your address.

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Wendy, there are a slew of “Wendy Pearson’s” on Messenger. It would be easier if you could find me or my email. lasserh@hotmail.com And I sent you an Echie!?!? I am definitely getting on in years!

• isde02(zone5b)
    4 years ago

Looking good Wendy! My little sapini hasn't sprouted yet either. How old is the big sapini? Is that your seed grown p. ambogense?

4 years ago

The big sapini, I bought off Ebay in the spring of 2017 from someone in Florida. When it arrived it had an OOA label stuck in the mix, so it must have originally come from Out of Africa. Here's a photo of it in May 2018

That bit of rot happened summer of 2017 when it was outside during a stretch of cool rainy weather.

Here it is today showing the damaged side...

In two years it's grown about 3.5". That center part grows faster than the small bottom branches.

That ambongense is one I bought from OOA a year ago.

one year old ambongense seedling on left and larger OOA plant on right

4 years ago

Howard, I messaged you my email through your gardenweb profile. I'll email you as well :-)

• isde02(zone5b)
    4 years ago

That sapini is beautiful. I still have my eyes open for an ambogense, but haven't seen anything yet. Has your dorstenia gigas started? yet

• isde02(zone5b)
    3 years ago

Stephanie erecta waking up.

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Always a good sight to see

• isde02(zone5b)
    3 years ago

Pachypodium Baroni v. Windsori starting to wake up finally. Last year was it's first time ever going dormant but it was caused by spider mites. Hasn't had leaves since last fall so I'm just glad to see that it's alright.

tanpexoctics Willis thanked isde02(zone5b)
  • isde02(zone5b)
    3 years ago

Pachypodium Lamerei

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Well it's been a slow wake up on some of my plants but there doing it sp Madagascar Dioscorea starting put out nice looking vine. Weird little plant roots from top and might very well make noids this year from vine

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    3 years ago

And another one doing well finally these leave are very nice looking hoping for bloom one day Tylosema fassoglensis

• isde02(zone5b)
    3 years ago

Mine have been slow to wake up as well. I've also killed a few trying to force them into waking, even though I know better.

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Isde it's been a weird first start to the growing season can't believe I didn't have some rot go on .I to have killed them trying to hurry them along

• isde02(zone5b)
    3 years ago

Matelea Cyclophylla finally decided to wake up.

3 years ago

My Cephalopentandra ecirrhosa has also been taking its sweet time waking up...

tanpexoctics Willis thanked stupidlazydog CT zone 5b/6a
  • isde02(zone5b)
    3 years ago

I have to put that one on my shopping list lol. Is that one of your pots from the 3d printer?

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    3 years ago

3d pot making is intetesting to me one day im going get a printer and make something haha

nice ecirrhosa my biggest one started growing to early and my lesser 2 have decided to grow now

3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

That is one of my 3d printed pots. Plants seem to do well in them. I think they like the little holes in the sides of the pots.

Right now I'm printing big tray pots for my Aloe polyphylla seedlings.

• isde02(zone5b)
    3 years ago

Post pictures when you can, I'd love to see how they turn out for you.

3 years ago

Here's one in progress...

And here's a finished one...

Someday I want a bigger printer so I can print bigger pots :-) These are 210mm x 250mm, the absolute largest this printer will do.

tanpexoctics Willis thanked stupidlazydog CT zone 5b/6a
  • tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Those printers just amaze me

• isde02(zone5b)
    3 years ago

I like that a lot Sld, good job.

• isde02(zone5b)
    3 years ago

This Commiphora was destroyed by groundhogs last year. I decided to try and salvage it and luckily it survived but the others didn't.

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Weather finally getting favorable for some of my caudicforms

Cyphostemma sp Madagascar has nice caudex but those new leaves forming are a eye catcher in there own

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    last year

brachystelma barberae finally has bloomed for me cool plants still had a few blooms yet to open this morning. The flies where loving its unique smell

• isde02(zone5b)
    last year

Looking good brother!

• tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    last year

I havnt posted on here long time i thought all had quit the site glad see not and thanks

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    last year
    last modified: last year

tanpexoctics Willis

nice to see you back!

another great plant...

I was able to get few 'potatos' - Stephania pierrei - & after quite some time, few are waking up. This one has the biggest growth so far

tanpexoctics Willis thanked rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
  • tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    last year

Rina glad see your still around

Nice plant you have there I not got any of those maybe one day

Its been super hot / humid here watering is a must everyday

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    last year

tanpexoctics Willis

I thought you have few Stehpanias!

I think I potted one wrong way up, haha...it seems to be growing from the soil rather than top of 'potato'. Top is now bottom... I am very happy it is growing at all...

And the one I posted photo of started to grow leaves. 1 is very small, other little bigger. They seems to like heat - it has been pretty warm last 3 days, at least for here! (probably not as hot as where you are):

tanpexoctics Willis thanked rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
  • tanpexoctics Willis
    Original Author
    last year

Rina never aquired any.i noticed sometimes in pics of just bulbs,looked hard to tell which end is up haha so you might have

Looking good though nice leaves they have

• isde02(zone5b)
    last year

tanpexoctics Willis

"I havnt posted on here long time i thought all had quit the site glad see not and thanks"

I still lurk around but haven't posted in a while either. I've just been busy between work, and family.