• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'PS Vita Adventure Mega Pack' bundle announced (Europe)

dmjcO9u.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/21/ps-vita-adventure-mega-pack-bundle-coming-autumn/

SCEE's been doing these Vita Mega Packs for a while now, but this is pretty much the nicest one so far. Includes a download voucher for Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Escape Plan and TxK. Then you can have fun trying to juggle them all on the tiny 8GB memory card.

As with all the other Mega Packs, there’s a choice of two bundles:

- A memory card bundle comes with an 8GB memory card and a PlayStation Store voucher code to download all five games.
- The PS Vita + memory card bundle also includes an 8GB memory card and a voucher code for all five games, as well as a PlayStation Vita system to play them on.

Mega Pack with PS Vita is €199.99RRP – that’s the same price as standalone system, and 5 great games included have a total value of €79.95 on PS Store. It is truly a great value pack!

The solo memory card bundle will set you back just €39.99 RRP

Due out 'this Autumn'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT89yt1W6xg

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
For non Vita owners I can confirm that four of those are must haves and Escape Plan is ok sort of. Fantastic bundle. Only issue I see is the memory card size. I doubt you could fit all those on 8gb.

NEO0MJ

For non Vita owners I can confirm that four of those are must haves and Escape Plan is ok sort of. Fantastic bundle. Only issue I see is the memory card size. I doubt you could fit all those on 8gb.

I think it's possible, but you won't have space for much more after that.

bigkrev

Tearaway ~1 gig
Uncharted 3.2 gig
Gravity Rush 1.4 gig
Escape Plan 850 mb
TxK 100 mb

Total: 6.5 gb

I think it does actually all fit on an 8 gig card, somehow!

It's a nice batch of games though.

SerTapTap

Great bundle--I'd swap out Escape Plan with something like LBP Vita if I could, but that's a pretty damn good get.

Hope the US has more bundles coming. I'd like to grab a 2000 either bundled with games I want and don't have or a cheaper one unbundled.

PS+, PS+, PS4 is getting a better version, ok and ok.

If you had PS+ since Gravity Rush, Wipeout and UC:GA were on there and don't have a Vita yet you're doing it horribly wrong.

Includes a download voucher for Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Escape Plan and TxK. Then you can have fun trying to juggle them all on the tiny 8GB memory card.

First thing I thought of when I saw the memory card size. You'd need at least 16GB if you want to store anything else. That's a really great line-up of games, though.

Tearaway ~1 gig
Uncharted 3.2 gig
Gravity Rush 1.4 gig
Escape Plan 850 mb
TxK 100 mb

Whoa, I thought for sure Tearaway would be bigger than that (dunno, I bought it retail~). Nice!

Megatron

Only issue I see is the memory card size. I doubt you could fit all those on 8gb.

Yeah, this is the problem I see. I seem to remember Uncharted alone is 3 gigs, right? So the other 4 games have to share the other 5 gigs? Probably why they went with Digital titles to round out the last two spots. I would imagine they do all technically fit on the card or that would be a bit of an embarrassment, but there won't be room for anything else.

Hasney

If anyone wanted the console bundle, it would only be a few £ cheaper to buy the console with the Action Pack (Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, PlayStation Allstars: Battle Royale, God of War: Chain of Olympus, Killzone: Liberation) for £134.86 at Amazon, then buy the adventure pack separate
Then sell both of the 8GBs and buy a decent memory card
. Assumin what they cost in £'s anyway.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KQE2364/

Sony needs to offer a Minecratf Bundle, it wont sell millions but at least it will sell some.

As I and several others speculated before: if they don't, it's probably cause they couldn't and not because they wouldn't. This goes doubly for SCEU, who have provided several bundles before.

KooopaKid

Banned
I have to say this is the best bundle I've seen in a while. The best PSVita has to offer for 199€. Shame nothing else on the level of Gravity Rush or Tearaway have been announced.

SerTapTap

Boo. I thought Golden Abyss was brilliant. It has some iffy gimmicks but it also has the best core gameplay in the series imo.

Ehhh I'd still give that to Uncharted 2 for sure, but it's definitely a good game almost only marred by the stupid cards/gems/charcoal rubbin's crap. Would be sweet if they patched that mess to be optional for a PS TV compatibility patch. It completely kills the pacing and made me unwilling to play the game a second time.

Tearaway ~1 gig
Uncharted 3.2 gig
Gravity Rush 1.4 gig
Escape Plan 850 mb
TxK 100 mb

Escape Plan bloats to almost 2.5 GB with the expansions. It will be tight. Sony being stingy with the memory is an ongoing Vita theme.

Lucifon

Uncharted and Gravity Rush get removed from that permanent PS+ free game list, and get popped on this. Imo still much better value in the old 16gb bundles a few months back when those 2 games were still on PS+. Why have the bundles gone from 16gb to 8gb...? Why is the free memory decreasing when it's one of the Vita's biggest issues. Sony pls.

sajj316

Amazing that the US does not have these types of mega packs ..

Do these types of packs not sell in the US or is SCEA being lazy ..

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ehhh I'd still give that to Uncharted 2 for sure, but it's definitely a good game almost only marred by the stupid cards/gems/charcoal rubbin's crap. Would be sweet if they patched that mess to be optional for a PS TV compatibility patch. It completely kills the pacing and made me unwilling to play the game a second time.
UC2 didn't have gyro aiming. It's amazing how much better it made the gunplay.

This is what they needed to do with the memory cards all along. People will complain that they're proprietary but add some value to them and it lessens the sting a little bit.

SerTapTap

I really hope all the 8GB card bundles are because they're discontinuing 8 GB cards and want to get rid of them. Awful size, and the 4GB ones that came out at launch are just a joke

UC2 didn't have gyro aiming. It's amazing how much better it made the gunplay.

True, but independent of controls UC2 was the better game. I do wish PS4 games would have gyro aim as an option, just leave it off by default for the whiners. I didn't use it much in UC:GA but it's very nice in KZ Mercenary. After you bump sensitivity WAY up.

They should have annonced this bundle at Gamescom along with a montage of upcoming vita games for 2014/2015. Its like Sony are not wanting to sell the vita. Also a special edition vita with minecraft would shift units.

SmokyDave

Insane value. Really good to see TxK bundled too. That game more than any other in the pack sums up the Vita experience. Except maybe Tearaway.

Ah, dude. If you clear out all the bullshit rubbings and things first time through, you don't have to do them on your second playthrough (they appear completed and you just hit the 'tick'). My second playthrough was far more enjoyable because of this.

Cha

This is a great bundle. Gravity Rush and Tearaway are must haves. 8gb is a little tight, but a person can survive with a bit of juggling. 16GB would have been ideal though.

Bishop89

Before entering the thread I thought "A uncharted, gravity rush, tearaway bundle would be a good move by sony"

Glad I wasn't mistaken ;)

Escape Plan is awful though... one of the worst games I have ever played, touch controls were awful.

No comment on that other game.

Top Bottom