The "First Game I Ever Played" on my PC

My dad would bring his computer home from work for a week or so, and it would sit on the kitchen table. This computer was definitely pre-windows, I'm thinking early 90's. At any rate for some unknown reason, this computer had Wolfenstien 3D loaded on it, that game was cool. The first game I remember owning was a sweet game called MegaRace. This game actually came preloaded on our 486 dx2- 66mHz Packard Bell with Windows 3.1, pure sweetness.

megarac1.gif

megarac3.gif

Features:

Over 20 minutes of digitized video commentary by MegaRace host...Lance Boyle!

15 fully-rendered track environments featuring mind-blowing details.

Hot music soundtrack with a bad, bad beat.

Supercharged real-time racing action, wimps need not apply!

Weaponry that would make the rowdiest, weapon-rigged road warrior drool with envy.

Virtual vehicular vigilante-ism at its best!!!

Requirements:

IBM PC or compatible 386 33-MHz or faster (486 recommended), 2MB or more of memory (4MB recommended), MS-DOS 5.0 or higher, MCGA or VGA (256 color) graphics card, CD-ROM drive 150 KB/second transfer rate minimum (double-speed recommended), sound card (Sound Blaster, Ad-Lib, Pro Audio Spectrum or compatibles)), mouse and joystick supported.

Our computer ran this game perfectly, 8mb of memory and 2 mb video, it was glory.

Oh shoot I forgot about Oregon Trail on the computers at school! That was sweet!

Gravis gamepad and everything!

Oh yeah, rocked some commander keen, duke nukem (orginal, none of this 3d nonsense)

First Ever Game: Pong! Well, a modified version that allowed you to play Classic Pong! Football Pong! Tennis Pong! And Squash Pong!

First Windows Game: Al Unser Jr - Some Racing Game that came with my PC.

First Windows Game That I Purchased: Euro 96 (Actua Soccer - Those were the days! Rest In Peace Gremlin Interactive!) :happy:

Firs games I played on MY pc were Civ2, Tiberian Sun, Heroes 3 and Might and Magic 7. That was on my pc, but first game I ever played on a pc was Need for speed 3 hot pursuit and Doom, dont know which part.

Oregon Trail!!!!

Yeah same game here i remeber playing that in shcool. The game i played first on my PC was G-nome by 7th-level the computer was a Pentium 100mhz 32mb Dram 2mb matrox millenium and a Sound Blaster 16 ISA :laugh: then after that game.... age of empries! :D

G-Nome: http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2510

Edited by ShiFtedReaLity

First Ever Game: Pong! Well, a modified version that allowed you to play Classic Pong! Football Pong! Tennis Pong! And Squash Pong!

Was that the grandstand console thing? i remember my uncle having something like that.

Originally had an IBM XT and an Apple IIe. cant really remember what game was first but I imagine it was one of the following: Buck rogers, frogger, donkey kong, dig dug, pac man, lunar lander, qbert, joust. Although I remember one of my biggest obssesions was this game called loadrunner.