• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
PA.02871.011.jpg

Xbox was onto something 16 years ago with the release of Natural Ultimate Digital Experiment. Long before AI waifus had become popular, the mad lads went and made an entire sim around it with voice commands and time passing in real time via the internal clock.
tumblr_ok31z4FcuP1t51kf8o1_r1_400.gif

The premise is a bit like Ex Machina where you play as a tester for a new robot the Personal Assistant Secretary System. From there you use voice commands to teach it(mainly language) and tell them what to do. Then you kinda just watch them do their thing and that's about it
tumblr_ok32kjCMI41t51kf8o1_r1_500.gif

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Damn, that walking animation! Really stretching the definition of "natural" here.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember hearing about this back in the day and not quite understanding what it was. I still feel that way now.

OP
OP

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
Was this much out much longer after Seaman was released?
4 year later. I don't know if Seaman had much influence as this game seemed to be part of Microsoft's extreme catering to Japan and never released outside of it(I only know about it due to a friend being a hardcore collector).
I remember hearing about this back in the day and not quite understanding what it was. I still feel that way now.
It is a very odd game and difficult to describe. The best comparison I can make is the early parts of Ex Machina.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but somebody in marketing was hoping y'all would assume the game was going to be about nudity.
Oh absolutley. Either that or some one trying to a little too artsy.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I've never even heard of this, was this released internationally? I'm a little nervous about googling it at work.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
I remember reading about this in OXM a long time ago. It was hard for my kid brain to understand what I was reading about at the time. I didn't even know it actually came out. Wild.