StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
I've had The Saboteur on the EA app for about a decade now, but like Mercenaries 2, it ran like ass for years with unsupported unique resolutions.

I'm immediately buying to to good around with it in the deck. It's gonna look incredible at 1280x800.

Also, for the love of god, EA, make a deal to republish Mercenaries 2: World in Flames.

Wehrwolf

Oct 28, 2017
Tried checking user reviews to find out about deck compatibility. Most don't have any (admittedly they just went up today), but I see one review for Sim City 3000 saying its broken on Steam Deck and Linux.

edit: Apparently Saboteur works fine if you go to controller settings via the steam button and choose 'gamepad with joystick'

Last edited:

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Anyone able to get higher resolutions in C&C: RA2?

PC gaming wiki has some options, but none seem to do anything in game. I tried method 1 & 2, and a combo, but no dice.

I haven't played in a few years but CNC net thing worked for me. Don't know if it'll work on the new Steam release but you can give it a try. The launcher allows for higher resolutions, also works for Tiberian Sun.

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
I know this would be alot to ask for but I wish EA would give these games the proper Steam treatment with cards/achievements etc, but I'm sure that's a bridge too far and that we should just be happy to have them.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Streets of Simcity when though??
Along with Simcity 2000 to let me build cities and then cruise around them??
And maybe a re-release of The Sims 1 Complete Collection too??

I'd pay good money for all of these, pls.

Super Craig

Oct 27, 2017

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed this might lead to the HD remaster of American McGee's Alice appearing down the road as a separate purchase. It's been limited to US Origin account purchases of the collector's edition for the sequel, and keys have long since run out.

FLX-II

Gargantuan Generousness Guaranteed
Oct 28, 2017
Need Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142, but that's never gonna happen..

thoughtloop

Apr 9, 2022
This rules. Kid me is stoked. Picked up Sim City 3000 and Alpha Centauri is $4. I need to look up community patches/fixes for AC.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I haven't played in a few years but CNC net thing worked for me. Don't know if it'll work on the new Steam release but you can give it a try. The launcher allows for higher resolutions, also works for Tiberian Sun.

You need to edit the DDrawCompat.ini file as well. It crashes with 3840x2160 though.
Thank you both. I'll try those out. I'm at 1080p so no issues with 4K lol

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
They patched TibSun and RA2 to work on modern systems? Super cool. Buying them just for that.

Nov 2, 2019
The Saboteur and Wolfenstein 2009 are the only two games left I wish Xbox could get made backwards compatible. Nice to see EA hasn't forgotten it. Would be nice to get console ports someday

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
It has been so long since I have played the Dungeon Keepers and Alpha Centauri and Simcity 3000 and Red Alert 2. Dang I might just toss them all in and buy them.

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
There is also a beautiful letter from Jim Vessella:

Dear C&C Community,

It's been a few years since I had the opportunity to reach out and engage with you directly. I've truly missed that. I hope you have all stayed safe, healthy, and positive since my last post in September of 2020.

I realize many of you have been wondering about the status of Command & Conquer over the past several years. After the launch of the first C&C Remastered Collection, I told our Community Council I would continue to try and find opportunities to support the C&C community and franchise wherever possible. With that in mind, I do have an announcement we think the entire C&C Community can get excited about. The C&C Ultimate Collection is now live on Steam!

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/39394/Command__Conquer_The_Ultimate_Collection/

How did this come to happen? Well, a while back I heard some team members at EA had the desire to launch some of our classic titles on Steam. After hearing about this initiative, several of us proposed we include the C&C Ultimate Collection. We knew this has been a request of the C&C community for over a decade, and has been an equal goal of us passionate C&C folks around the company. As such, a dedicated strike team here at EA has been pushing to make this a reality - but we knew we couldn't do it alone. So in the spirit of our community collaboration from the Remastered Collection, we reached out to a small group of the C&C Community to understand how we could best deliver the Ultimate Collection on Steam.

The feedback and collaboration has once again been invaluable. With improvements like better compatibility for modern operating systems and additional supported languages for both the Steam and EA App versions, we believe this is the best release of the Ultimate Collection to date.

Alongside the launch of the Ultimate Collection on Steam, we are also excited to announce the release of the beloved map editors FinalSun and FinalAlert 2 under the GPL version 3.0 license, which can also be launched directly from the Steam version of Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2. Now over 20 years since their initial release, original creator Matthias Wagner has generously repackaged these classic editors into a more compatible version for 2024. This was achievable thanks to the technical collaboration with Luke "CCHyper" Feenan, and the kindness of Olaf van der Spek, who has graciously released his XCC Library under the GPL 3.0 license as part of this effort. We cannot thank Matthias, Luke, and Olaf enough for making this a reality for the C&C community, and are eager to see where the tools and content creation go from here.

A huge thank you to the community playtesters who helped provide feedback on this version of the Ultimate Collection, and the organizations of CnCNet, W3DHub, and C&C Online for continuing to support these classic titles. We hope you all enjoy these improvements to the C&C Ultimate Collection - available today on Steam.

Until next time.

Cheers,

Jim Vessella

Jimtern

Wyatt+

Jan 15, 2020
Has anyone played the Command and Conquer titles on Steam Deck? Don't necessarily need controller support because I don't mind docking my Steam Deck for mouse and keyboard.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I know this would be alot to ask for but I wish EA would give these games the proper Steam treatment with cards/achievements etc, but I'm sure that's a bridge too far and that we should just be happy to have them.

I just want workshop support so we can fix these games for modern systems in like two clicks

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The moven-ing back of EA back on Steam is nice to see and admittedly the discounts and playability on Deck made me get everything

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
EA just standing there watching the sales of these games already exceed what they made on Origin.

🧍‍♂️

danielvdell

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Feb 12, 2019
Los Angeles
Whoever published SimCity 3000 to Steam wasn't paying attention to the details, haha. The game is titled "Sim City 3000 Unlimited" on Steam (it's supposed to be "SimCity 3000 Unlimited") and the game icon is just the hero image.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
FWIW, 1920x1080 works on my machine.
Thank you. I haven't had time to test it out yet, but that's good to know!

Whoever published SimCity 3000 to Steam wasn't paying attention to the details, haha. The game is titled "Sim City 3000 Unlimited" on Steam (it's supposed to be "SimCity 3000 Unlimited") and the game icon is just the hero image.
yeah, I posted earlier, maybe in the PC gaming thread, that the last image of Sim City was an image from Alpha Centauri, lol.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
C&C bundle which has tiberian sun, red alert 2, renegade and generals ?

The saboteur?
Sim city 3000?

It54.gif

vrietje

Dec 4, 2018
Do all of these work on windows 11? I heard that cc generals didn't worked good on 11 before.

Ingueferroque

Dec 26, 2023
New York, NY
I played Command & Conquer back in the day, but I never noticed the obvious parallels between how it opens, and Metal Gear Solid 4's television channel surfing scene. I wonder if Kojima was inspired by C&C? It's such a cool way to do universe building.

Oct 25, 2017
I've had The Saboteur on the EA app for about a decade now, but like Mercenaries 2, it ran like ass for years with unsupported unique resolutions.

I'm immediately buying to to good around with it in the deck. It's gonna look incredible at 1280x800.

Also, for the love of god, EA, make a deal to republish Mercenaries 2: World in Flames.
Wait who would EA need to work with to rerelease Mercenaries 2?

Mercenaries 1 I'd guess they need Disney(Lucasarts) but thought 2 was all EA?

View: https://youtu.be/NcJyCdbC08c?si=s3ZHuz0K68djXXU5
Bring it back EA

Last edited: