Angraecum leonis Majus

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The term 'Majus' is a descriptive name, means nothing in context of speciallity.
Two forms leonis occur, one from Madagascar, the small form & the Comoros Islands. This form being at least twice the size of the Madagascar form. This where I would suggest the Majus term comes in. Olde English word for "bigger" form.

Text on both,
PLANT SIZE AND TYPE:

A medium sized epiphyte that grows to 6-8 in. (15-20 cm) wide, and is usually less than 6 in. (15 cm) tall. While usually a monopod with a short, stout stem, secondary growths will occasionally be made from near the base of the stem. All measurements given are for the Madagascan form. The Comoro Island form may be as much as twice the size indicated.

Om.., what a beauty !!!! :clap:

Media is just corks and sphagnum!??

Jean

The plant is on a very small pot (2 inches diam) filled with a corse media (something like bark/leca/ charcoal mix). Since the plant was unstable, I put it in another pot last year and I filled it with cork.... I put the sphagnum moss just for displaying.

The term 'Majus' is a descriptive name, means nothing in context of speciallity.
Two forms leonis occur, one from Madagascar, the small form & the Comoros Islands. This form being at least twice the size of the Madagascar form. This where I would suggest the Majus term comes in. Olde English word for "bigger" form.

Text on both,
PLANT SIZE AND TYPE:

A medium sized epiphyte that grows to 6-8 in. (15-20 cm) wide, and is usually less than 6 in. (15 cm) tall. While usually a monopod with a short, stout stem, secondary growths will occasionally be made from near the base of the stem. All measurements given are for the Madagascan form. The Comoro Island form may be as much as twice the size indicated.

thank you Roy. :poke:

BTW, Majus is a Latin word too. :)

Back