Dendrobium parishii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddybear

Awarded Stud
Reaction score
Picked up this baby 2 years ago....it has finally decided to bloom. The fragrance is delightful!

Dendrobiumparishii1.jpg

Dendrobiumparishii2.jpg

:clap: Small, colorful, fragrant & frilly lip - can't ask for much more! :clap:

Ok Todd what is the sercet to blooming this little guy? I've had mine for 5 or 6 years now and it has bloom twice. The first time one flower! the second two! This could be embarrassing. Acturally, it is!
Grown in a 2.5 inch clay pot
Denparishii.jpg

I know Paphioboy but it's hell when you have to search though all that foliage to fine two flowers!:rollhappy:

I know Paphioboy but it's hell when you have to search though all that foliage to fine two flowers!:rollhappy:
:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy:

Impressive plant btw!!

Todd, the flowers are amazing and I also adore the lip!!!

I stumbled into getting flowers I think. When it dropped its leaves, I moved it to a cooler area..probably down to 12 C at night...watered it once a week. As summer progressed and temps got warmer, the plant still showed no signs of new growth. I started watering it daily then after a long time, two new growths started and presto, out popped the 4 buds on the old cane. Meanwhile, the two new growths are VERY slow!

I think I'm going to throw this "little guy" outside all winter and see what happens. It looses leaves in the fall/winter but never all of them. I must need to be harder on it.:mad:

Rick, the same thing happened with a huge D. loddigesii I had in Florida. One winter I decided to stop watering it completely and it lost every single leaf. In February the days got warmer and sure enough those bald canes flushed over a hundred flowers at once! My general rule of thumb with Dendrobs is that if you can't bloom them, then dry them out until they have no more leaves and cool them down. Once they start to throw buds pour on the water again. Works like a charm for most of the cane bearing species.

Latest posts

Back