Epigeneium nakaharae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Best it's bloomed for me -- it must like it's new home.

Epigeneium_nakaharae-1.jpg

Epigeneium_nakaharae-flower.jpg

Marvellous!!!! The way the pseudobulbs have grown one beside the other make it look like a dendrobium!!! Very cool!!!!!!

In the english language, the word mistress describes a woman you have sex with but is not your wife.:poke:

Very nice shot and plant.
This species is blooming anytime of the year for me, summer, fall, spring (even got a seed pod after being outside all summer!).
But I still can't figure out what conditions it likes, it keeps growing, loosing psbs, growing again...
I don't doubt yours is in very good hands !

That's pretty neat Dot.

I have a bitty amplum at home, how big are the leaves on this species.
I sent my plant off to a show this weekend, so I can't measure. My recollection is that they are a little less than an inch in length.

Very nice shot and plant.
This species is blooming anytime of the year for me, summer, fall, spring (even got a seed pod after being outside all summer!).
But I still can't figure out what conditions it likes, it keeps growing, loosing psbs, growing again...
I don't doubt yours is in very good hands !
I have mine in lower light, but it gets some morning sun in the Winter -- and in the cooler part of the greenhouse. It gets watered with all my mounted plants, about 3x a week -- more often when it's hot.

Thanks, everyone -- you are too kind about my growing skills. I'd call it more luck than anything, and having a good environment for them -- which I think is very lucky for me.

In the english language, the word mistress describes a woman you have sex with but is not your wife.:poke:

Well it has narrowed into that definition, but there still lingers an old fashioned use that means the female master of the house (or school). I still hear the term Head Mistress for essentially the female Principle of present day Christian schools (which would include my present Mother in Law!!!!).

Well it has narrowed into that definition, but there still lingers an old fashioned use that means the female master of the house (or school). I still hear the term Head Mistress for essentially the female Principle of present day Christian schools (which would include my present Mother in Law!!!!).

You are right but words do take on different meanings with time. A hundred years from now. The word mistress maybe have returned to its original meaning as society evolve.

Same thing happened to the word gay. It used to mean happy, carefree... Now it wouldn't be such a good idea to say you're feeling gay in a biker bar. Better say you fell fine if someone ask. :rollhappy:

You are right but words do take on different meanings with time. A hundred years from now. The word mistress maybe have returned to its original meaning as society evolve.

Same thing happened to the word gay. It used to mean happy, carefree... Now it wouldn't be such a good idea to say you're feeling gay in a biker bar. Better say you fell fine if someone ask. :rollhappy:

Exactly!!! I just have to tread extra light around my mother in law to always make sure I am referring to her work and not marital status:eek:

Latest posts

Back